Heading 2 – as optional intro above a paragraph
This can be used for a text paragraph (body text) on a page. Be aware of a maximum of about 7 lines of text for each paragraph and the width of a text block can never be more than 2/3rd of the width of the display. With the exception of a mobile phone. When editing the texts, you can add extra value or let something standout by making the text bold, italic or by showing a deep link. It is seen as positive and pleasant to read by search engines, if key points are enumerated.
Based on the previous paragraph we can summarize the following:
- A maximum of about 7 text lines per paragraph.
- The width of a text block can never be more than 2/3rd of the width of the display.
- Use bold or italic texts to make it standout.
- Use a enumeration or numeric list to point out important issues.
A potential next paragraph or subparagraph can be placed here.
Heading 3 – image optimization
A supporting image, next or between the text can cause desired variety an visual support. An image can be optimized in following manners:
- A filename which describes what you see in the image.
- A narrowed/compressed version of the image.
- A alt tag (a bar you see by mouse over).
- A potential caption and contextual text.
Heading 3 – Amount of text an keyword density
There are a lot of discussions about the amount of text on a landing page. Pages are supposed to have at least 200 till 300 words, however there are enough examples of important pages who contain texts of 2.000 words. For a good landing page we advice you to use +/- 500 words wherein the important keywords return +/- 25x (5% keyword density). For your information: this page contains 565 words intotal.